Car seats we are unable to recycle at this time:
- CLEK Foomf or Fllo car seats
- Sunshine Kids/Diono car seats
It is up to you to check if you have one of these brands as some of our drop locations are not trained to recognize these seats.
Want to recycle your seat? Here’s what you need to do:
1. REMOVE ALL MATERIAL (FABRIC) AND STRAPS from each seat. (The amount of waste this produces is too large for us to dispose of easily).
2. Click here to find a drop location nearest you.
3. A mandatory recycling fee of $10 is required for each seat. This levy covers all hard costs associated with the recycling of your seat including stripping the metal, re-chipping of the plastic and transportation and administration of the program.
Please note: Any seats dropped at a drop zone after hours without the levy will be discarded as we cannot shoulder the cost associated with recycling a seat that hasn’t been paid for.
Fee can be paid by CASH OR CHEQUE (Payable to: Kidseat Recyclers Inc.)
or by E-transfer on site to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off locations cannot process credit or debit payments on our behalf.
4. Recycle Materials
Our goal is to recycle all the materials from each car seat and have now partnered with a few businesses in Canada that reuse some of the material from car seats. If you are interested in recycling the fabric and straps on your car seat, please contact the following businesses.
Mariclaro Workshop c/o Willa Murray
14259 HWY 509
Snow Road Station, ON
Telephone: 1 (613) 278-1631
Email: info [@] mariclaro.ca
Good quality fabric & straps
Bark’n up the Green Tree c/o Paula Brooks
156 Adelphi Street
What 30 seats look like in a pile… Imagine thousands that end up in the landfill every year!